Imagine yourself flying into Tulum, Mexico; the Cayman Islands; Bora Bora; Bali; Maui; or the British Virgin Islands… You step off the plane, soak up the illuminating sunshine, and plant your feet in warm white sand. After spending the afternoon dipping in the crystal-clear sparkling water, feeling contentedly at peace, you decide to go back to your 5-star bungalow to grab some drinks and a bite to eat. You are then pressed with the age-old question that every girl faces every time she looks in her closet: what should I wear?!
Fear not: we have the answer! Beach cover-ups – a.k.a. the epitome of lazy luxury – are the perfect solution for those transitional summer moments. It’s as easy as slipping on an old t-shirt, but the result is the feeling of elegance, comfort, and class. We’ve put together 5 of our top cover-ups that will take you from the beach to the café, from the coffeehouse to local island markets, or from the pool to a beachside tiki bar. Whether you’re going on a trip or enjoying the comforts of home this summer, these are 5 pieces that you won’t regret investing in…
1) The Melissa Odabash Sinitta cotton jersey kaftan. This short, stylish kaftan has a lace-up V-neck and comes in a soft yellow chevron print reminiscent of glowing summer mornings or pineapple sorbet. Has a flattering loose fit. Perfect if you’ve had too many fish tacos.
2) The Tribal Kaftan by ViX Swimwear. This 100% silk cover-up has loose kimono-style sleeves and a tribal print inspired by Paula Hermanny’s travels. The semi-sheer fabric is as light and diaphanous as a butterfly’s wings, so you won’t get all hot and sticky in the summer heat!
3) The Melissa Odabash Abbey Ethnic Print Kaftan. Have you ever wished that you could just wear your robe out of the house? Well, now you can! This luxurious kaftan has loose draped sleeves and a waist tie, so you’ll feel as comfortable as you do in a bath robe. Wear it over your bathing suit, or you can easily dress this one up with some jewelry and a pair of pants.
4) OndadeMar’s white crochet trim poncho. A deep plunge V-neck and sheer fabric keep this oversized cover-up sexy. Simple, solid white matches everything. Slip it on over your bikini and you’ll be ready to go!
5) The Paradise Plunge Tunic from Vitamin A. Versatile and affordable, this semi-sheer slub black cover-up has a V-neck and an empire waist fit. This beach cover-up can easily double as a top or summer dress if you’re going out on the town! Also comes in solid white and watermelon pink.
You can shop our full selection of beach cover-ups at our online boutique.
xx, Ophelia Swimwear
What happens when you combine designer bikinis & delicious bellinis against the beautiful backdrop of V Seagrove? Well, we’ll let you see for yourself! Special thanks to our friends at 30A Film for this lovely video.
This week, we were thrilled to hold our first ever “Bellinis & Bikinis” fashion show at the V Restaurant in Seagrove Beach! The night was filled with sparkling peach bellinis, mingling, laughter, and girls strutting in heels down the water-lined outdoor runway as the sun set, transforming the sky into a beautiful backdrop of pastels. We had so much fun getting to showcase our favorite 2013 swimsuits from Zinke, Lolli, ViX, L*Space, Anna Kosturova, and many more. After the show, the girls posed outside for some pictures with their colorful paper umbrellas… and then ventured across the street to the beach for another photo op with our favorite local photographers. Check out a few of the pics that we snapped from behind the scenes!
A huge thanks to our lovely models, the guys at 30A Film, and everyone who came out to support us! You can shop online for all of the styles shown here and in the show.
Cheers to bikini season!
xx, Ophelia Swimwear
We have two locations along the Emerald Coast of Florida, and our newer store– located in Seacrest, FL– recently underwent some remodeling during February & March to get all spruced up just in time for bikini season! After weeks of looking like we were living in a warehouse, our new-and-improved store is finally ready to be unveiled. When you walk into Ophelia, expect to see: lofty ceilings, arched windows, dangling bubbles, a turquoise stone chandelier, shiny new hardwood floors, cozy dressing rooms, and racks & tables filled to the brim with tons of cute new things! Our goal is to bring you the *ultimate* beachwear shopping experience, so we hope that you guys love it as much as we do.
If you’re in the area and you’re looking for a new bathing suit, cover-up, beach bag, sun hat, or summer dress, come visit us and take a look inside! This is where we stash all the newest bikini goods…
xx, Ophelia Swimwear